Product Manager, yahoo! Search Technology
Yahoo! Search & Marketplace is seeking a product manager to drive the company’s global search platform with a focus on international markets. Prior experience working with engineering teams and international groups is desirable. We are seeking an individual contributor who is results-oriented, has strong analytical and linguistic skills and can effectively prioritize and multitask. In this position, you will need to be a strategic thinker as well as extremely detail oriented. The successful candidate will take end-to-end ownership of the product line, identify market requirements, define the product vision, create preliminary design concepts and drive the implementation of the overall product roadmap. The product manager will work closely with numerous functions both inside and outside Yahoo! They will build strong business cases for presentation to senior management and understand the technical requirements driving international product development.
Effectively collaborate with business, marketing, technical and design teams to develop requirements, prioritize enhancements, translate into MRDs/PRDs and drive projects to completion. Effectively interface with international groups to capture requirements and drive innovations for specific markets. Develop a functional understanding of the key technological and architectural basis of the Yahoo! Search platform to facilitate decision-making and cross-functional communication. Evaluate new technologies for licensing and integration into Yahoo! Search. Define, track and improve key product metrics and develop tests against those metrics. Conduct competitive analysis and identify areas for differentiation. Build positive relationships and trust over time through strong on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation, and exceeding expectations. Meticulously think through every aspect of the user experience, putting users? needs and expectations first in the definition of requirements. Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement, and incorporate new product features into the Yahoo! Search platform on an ongoing basis. Evangelize the capabilities and benefits of Yahoo!’s Search technology to other Yahoo! properties, and the webmaster community.
* This position requires a BA/BS (CS/EE preferred) and 3-5 years of technical product management experience; an MBA is highly desirable.
* Demonstrated business, communication, leadership and teamwork abilities
* Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organization
* An excellent track record of working with engineering teams and developing, launching, and marketing products.
* Experience with software, online products, search or enterprise
platforms is highly desired.
* Understanding of linguistics and general international issues (UTF/Unicode) required
* Fluency (verbal, reading, writing) in Japanese, Chinese or Korean highly desirable